Be self-compassionate today.
You don’t have to wait until you are perfect until life goes exactly as you want it to.
Life seldom goes exactly as you want it to.
- But who is most likely to know the full extent of the pain and fear you face, to know what you need most?
- Who is the only person in your life who is available 24/7 to give you care and kindness?
- Who is in the best position to know how you really feel underneath that cheerful façade?
They? Or you?
- Don’t you want to soothe and comfort your own pain, just as a child is soothed and comforted by her mother’s arms?
- Don’t you want to wrap your torn and tattered selves in your own soft embrace?
- Is it not the time you to stop looking outside yourself for the acceptance and security you crave?
You’re not a problem to be fixed. You’re a valuable human being worthy of care and love.
Yes, there is a lot you don’t have control over.
Your personal characteristics, your inborn personality, your body type, your health, the good or bad fortune of your circumstances. And yes, you’re an imperfect human being.
But when faced with your human imperfection, you’ve got a choice.
You can either respond with self-kindness and self-care or with self-judgment and self-criticism.